Wednesday, September 21, 2011

butterflies

For my coursework, I had some inspirations from butterfly!

We can see butterflies everywhere we go. There are times that we are amazed at the beauty of the butterfly, however, most of the time we just ignore it as it is just too common to us. I link this idea to my coursework theme: Hope. Just like butterfly, hope is actually everywhere around us, it’s just the matter of whether you can notice it or not.

There are some references that I get my inspiration.

In Willow Tree Angel collection, the “Angel of Freedom” shows an angel holds a butterfly in her hands. From this, I want to use butterfly as a symbol for the longing for hope and freedom in my course work.







There is a quote says “A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam. And for a brief moment its glory and beauty belong to our world. But them it flies on again, and though we wish it could have stayed, we feel so lucky to have seen it.”

In this painting, Jesus is holding a boy and pointing towards a butterfly. Thus, i would like to include butterfly in my coursework as an image that resembles beauty of life.





There is also a poem that I would like to share it here.

Message of Hope

A whispered wish of remembrance

Silent words of loss

A song of goodbye

An unspoken prayer for lasting peace

A message of hope

Rejoice for the spirit that has passed.

Release the sorrow and the sadness.

Rebuild a life again.

Emerging from your cocoon so gently placed

Sensing the freedom in the waiting sky

Wings open and quickly a flight

A drift in the air

Dancing with the wind

A glow in the sunlight.

The message of hope

Touching the spirit

Teaching to begin anew

Transforming the wish into hope

On the radiant wing of a butterfly.

~Kristy Dyer

Similarly, there is a saying goes,

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over












it became a butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment