Wednesday, September 21, 2011

drawings of waves

Here are some drawings of waves i drawn in charcoal:)

Here are three drawing of turbulent waves. I want to draw the unrest ocean is because I think the turbulent waves symbolize the approaching danger. Also, due to the big waves, many ships could not reach their destination safely. The turbulent waves can also link to the tsunami, which are very disastrous and can destroy many properties and killed many lives.

The reason why I choose charcoal is because it is very expressive. It can depict the violent movement of the waves. I’m happy with these drawing as I’ve drawn out the turbulence of the waves. However, I think I could have add some small minor details to it as well to make the waves look more realistic and impactful.




























This is a drawing of turbulent sky which I get inspire from the waves. It also symbolizes the approaching danger. However, I should have draw it with more details added and be more careful with the tones of the clouds.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Shiyin, I haven't been able to find a contact email, so I'm hoping you will find this. I am the editress of "Stepping Stones", the Magazine of SpiralScouts, International. I would like to include your charcoal drawing of the wave in a future edition of the magazine. Our readership is nearly 1000, composed of earth-based spiritual families. I can provide your name and web address alongside of the drawing. Please contact with your permission at Magazine at SpiralScouts.org Thank you~*

    ReplyDelete