Wednesday, September 21, 2011

drawings of candles

I have made some drawings of lighted candles.

The reasons I want to draw lighted candles is because I think the light gives off by candle can light up the dark, which makes the people, who are suffered from living, feel warmer and not so depressed. Though the flames might be small, but it can makes the people not so scare of the “dark”. It also makes the people feel less lonely in the dark as warmth the candle gives out would make the people think they are not alone in the world. The lights also allows the people in the dark to be able to see their surroundings and then discover the fact that hope is actually just next to them.














I used charcoal as the medium for these two drawings. I must take note of the gradual change of tones of the light gives off by the candle. I was happy with my drawings as I have manage the change of tones well, which really makes the candle look as if glowing in the dark.








I used pen as the medium for this drawing. Similarly to other drawings done in pen, I must take note of the small details. However for this drawing, I must also take note of the textures of the melting candle as well. The line must be neat and tidy. I think I should still work on the different size of the lines to create depth in the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment