Monday, September 19, 2011

Inspiration for coursework - disaster

Update the blog after a long long time J

For my AEP coursework, my theme is HOPE.

I chose this theme mainly because I want to tell the viewers that hope is everywhere around us, we should never give up on our life.

Recent years, many natural disasters occurred. This caused many people lost their home, family and friends. Life might be hard for them, but I hope they can believe that there is always hope and never give up.

Though disaster might not fall directly on us, but we can be quite close to it. Such as the 2004 Indonesia tsunami. We still can feel the shock of the earthquake. And from the report we can see that people live right beside us are suffering. This makes me feel very sad as i see people struggle to survive during and after the disaster.














Also, not to forget the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake. As my parents and most of my relatives live in Sichuan, the earthquake really give me a big fright. Luckily all of them are safe and sound. However, this experience allows me to empathize the life of people who have lose their family during the disaster. Still, it's quite hard for me to imagine what would they feel like when they heard that their family were buried under the debris. I think it's really hard for them to wait for the rescue team, and at the same time hope that their family will be safe









Following that, is the recent Japan Earthquake. I was surprised at Japanese's optimistic attitude after the earthquake. Though the devastating earthquake has resulted many people lose their home, family and friends, but they still did not give up and think positively. Also, they all work together to rebuild their hometown is very heartwarming. I hope that everyone who suffer from natural disaster could also discover the positive side of life and not give up.







Thus, I chose HOPE for my coursework’s theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment