Wednesday, September 21, 2011

inspiration from religious

After the inspiration I have on disasters, I have also have inspiration from the religious faith.

When in times of trouble and sorrow, people would normally pray to god to seek for help. Especially when we encounter something that we cannot solve, we would like to depend on god to give us the direction to continue to move on.

In the artwork, The Virgin in Prayer, by Giovanni Battista Salvi da Sassoferra
to. A woman is praying. This inspires me how people would have the hope in their heart and pray for the better. I might want to use this as references for my coursework by depicting people have the faith inside them despite of the sorrow and sadness.



After the disaster, a lot of people are praying for family’s safety and a better tomorrow. Though many of them knows that it might useless, but they still kept on praying. At first, I was puzzled at this phenomenon, as I don’t understand why people would keep on praying despite the fact that it is useless. However, after I watched the news reporting on the aftermath of the earthquake, I realize that it is not that the people are only seeking for help from the god, but a sense of comfort as well. It is just a form of believe that would continue drive people to move forward, a faith in heart that their loved ones will be safe.












In this photo, it shows survivors praying for the victims of the earthquake. It inspired me that i would also like to have a similar setting for my coursework, whereby people in the debris praying for the safety of their loved ones, and for whoever had suffered due to the disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment